Karma Karma Karma

Everything is karma.
All that comes to me
in doses of pain
all that is gifted in
rites of receiving
all that is meted out
in cascades of suffering
karma. All of it.

My garden, so ambitious
to plants, give life
in a barren state of mind
and being - just a reprieve
please with some green,
each day though I return
to the scene of green with
more heartbreak. All my efforts
in vain. What gives. Earth? Water?

Or man?

Today I creep into the backyard
see the piece of plastic I had
attached to keep prying eyes
and feet out - blown down, slightly
crushed, my eyes wander into
what is left of the gasping plants
and see that someone had pinched
off the bell flowers that bloom
only once a year from a succulent.

Pinched off.

The bells just drying dying
in the cracked soil.
A leaf from another plant
high hitched torn off.
Small noticings - detective
I am - this, that, odd things
moved. I know - I feel
Things are not right.

Hearts so tainted.
So callous. So hating.
People without agendas
except to cause pain.
Who was it this time?
Can I name the faceless
creeper who has bashed in
my makeshift fences, trampled
my rock garden, killed off my tree
and on and on and on and on.

No face to the one appointed
to grieve me, to cauterize my
soul and to cause my own
heart to skip, jump, deflate
and harden, then soften when
I remember it's all from Judgment.
It's all deserving. Yes. All of it.
From inception. There is nothing
else but this constant Judgment
kicking me down allowing
me breathing space - rarely.

The Judgment on my soul,
this reckoning, this quickening,
this evening of scores, scales
aligning the lines to meet
at perfect balance because
at one time, in one place
in one utterance, thought or
deed, the negativity accrued,
and it was measured and weighed,
judged and given back 10 fold
cast out, cut down like Cain
in all of his manifestations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Palpitations - Severe Panic Attack

Heartbreak, Panic and Foreboding

Yeru-Shalayim