Shabbat

My rabbi used to say Sha BAT - with emphasis on the BAT like baseball BAT. The Syrian way. He taught me much - then we kind of fell apart when I told him I was taking my cats to Israel. I don't know - so much turmoil with relationships. This one wants to punish, that one wants to judge, this one wants to remain aloof, that one holds grudges. And me - I'm reeling like a turnstile; oh! you want to go this way? Let's go! I can't figure any of it out. None of it. I have no idea how this human thing operates. I know misery was placed in my heart from day one and then compounded with daily abuses till the misery was claimed. Now I shy away from any relationship that has to do with human beings and their shticks - I can only bless from afar. It is judgment to be this way - what can be done to undo judgment? Absolutely nothing except do the best I can do and know that all actions, thoughts and words are reciprocated in measure and that measure adds to another measure and with enough Mercy there is remedy. And from that place - the entire cosmos is open to the gateways going Home.

So - let it be. Let is be. Let it be.

All ways Home.
Sha--BAT Shalom rabbi,
Joy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Palpitations - Severe Panic Attack

Heartbreak, Panic and Foreboding

Yeru-Shalayim