The Hermit and Her Vows of Silence

In seclusion and semi-hermitage for over 30 years.
Sometimes I speak
Sometimes I remain without speaking
for long periods of time.

I own a phone but it remains disconnected
most of the time
My communication with the world is via
this venue and sometimes face to face
when I have no choice but to venture out
into the world at large

Right now I am again in seclusion
and words do not pass my lips
it hurts to speak or it feels
unnecessary or it just is too
much noise in an all ready noisy
situation called life.

Cacophony

I have used up all my collect calls
Open lines are short and to the point
My ears receive
My eyes receive
It is only my mouth that
is shut off

Still, silence breathes
in for me when words
have and are failing.

Slicha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Palpitations - Severe Panic Attack

Heartbreak, Panic and Foreboding

Yeru-Shalayim