Legs are Scarred

Legs are scarred deep
crimson on lily white
some deep edged others
just a tad scraped indigo

Boils or fleas
bumps or falls
burns or who even
remembers right now

All I can see
are scars
big ones some clumped
some individual
sitting there on their own

Some pierced to the bone
I know because I felt the
groove
Purple ones scare me
Because they run deep

And I never will know
if they'll heal over time
with vitamin E or A or D
or ultra violet

I'm scarred on my arms
on my hands on my fingers
and my toes are broken
My spine is shattered and
my brain damaged

But I'm still here aren't I
Is that a miracle or what?

It's sad to see my skin
pierced so, for my cats
I was bitten
for the screenless nights
I was sucked dry
for the rapists
I ran blindly
for the malnutrition
I consumed myself

Hard to stand but I walk
Hard to look but I gaze
Hard to venture but I go
Hard to live but I breathe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Palpitations - Severe Panic Attack

Heartbreak, Panic and Foreboding

Yeru-Shalayim