My Sherpa Was Stolen

I am - with 4 cats. Three I brought with me from the States, one found and adopted in Kiryat Arba- we are family. They've moved with me 7 times since we arrived here. Seven times getting used to new surroundings, street cats attacking them - and the ailments that come with being under stress, immune systems compromised and the illnesses and follow. And I run to vets with them. Wherever I landed. And shlepped the kitty litter from Jerusalem to the caravan in Alon Shvut and dried wet sand in Kiryat Arba when there was no litter to be found. And vets. Vets. Vets. Vets and all that this entails. Money. Energy. Balance. Good cheer. Thankfulness and more understanding about how the body of a feline operates.

And through it all -my Sherpa bag. I loved this bag. Before coming back to Israel - I chose the most luxurious bag I could find for the cat that would accompany me on the flight. The other 2 went into plastic containers in the belly of the plane. This bag had it all - the compartment was roomy, there was ventilation, a cool little sherpa rug, gold tassels and heck - it just looked very beautiful. And that bag took my cats to the vet on buses and on the roads, through traffic and in taxis. I slung it over my shoulder and I would walk kilometers to get from wherever it was we were to the vet - however km's away he/she was. Sometimes on foot and sometimes on buses and it never raised an eyebrow - it was so inconspicous and I felt like a human being with dignity carrying it and my cats were happy in it.

Then 3 days ago I noticed it was missing. Stolen. From the storage area in the back of the house. And I needed to take my Maine Coon cat to the vet because for the last 3 months he's been sick. Very ill. And I've been trying to heal him with prayers, supplements, colloidal silver - antibiotics - to no avail - I finally just had to take him to the vet. And I don't have the money but I couldn't bear to have him suffer any longer. He was suffering and I was suffering along with him 24/7 with no let up. My heart breaking over and over - on top of everything else that is going on here. And then I go to get the bag to put him in it - to go - and it's gone.

I tried getting a replacement - but it's so expensive. It cost me back then 70 dollars - and to get one on ebay would cost about that - but nobody wants to ship to Israel for less than 20. And so - I'm waiting for some miracle in the shape of a Sherpa to materialize. I've emailed 40 people on craigslist and ebay and various pet groups. Please SELL me or SEND me a Sherpa bag. It's an emergency.

So - I had to finally just go to the vet with the cat today. Too much suffering. I can't let this go on. I put him in a makeshift bag and 7 minutes into the walk out to the main road and to the bus, he gets LOOSE, the bag starts falling apart, I start freaking out, there's this maniac on an ATV who's zooming by at the highest decibel, the cat is moaning, squirming, I'm dying and I'm not even CLOSE to the road and finally we get there, I'm holding him close to me, shutting the opening in the bag with my hand, praying that someone stops and brings us closer to another bus stop because not all the buses that go past this place STOP - only 2 out of 6 do. And I'm standing in the middle of the Tel Aviv Beer Sheva road with a frantic sick cat wiggling out of a torn bag, in the dark - and nobody bloody stops. Then I just fucking lose it - and I let out a scream - but nobody is hearing. Then I just start praying - Ana A-donai Hoshia Na/ Ana A-donoi Hatzlicha Na - about 10 times. Then I just start with the Psalm Yoshev Beseter Eliyon......Hu Yatzilcha Me-Pach Yakush...Medever.....and on and on I recite - and I can't see anything because trucks and cars are zooming blinding me. And FINALLY a bus comes - and it stops.

Then we ride for about 45 minutes and I have to take a cab to this animal hospital because no buses go there - it's in the middle of NOWHERE - literally. And finally we get there. And it's bad. He has a parasite in his blood and pancreatitis. And it was very expensive. And the money I was supposed to be saving to move - is now officially spent. And I am spent. And I need a Sherpa bag. And PLEASE Hashem. I need a reprieve.

Big time.
Now.
Reprieve.


Refuah Shleima to Jesse Hachatul Ben Zilpah

Enough.
Out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Palpitations - Severe Panic Attack

Heartbreak, Panic and Foreboding

Yeru-Shalayim