In The Ghetto - 25 Years - SERVED

In 1970, my mother took me to Israel - as her resolve to save me from a fate of drugs and violence in the States. Where she took me was a township belonging to the municipality of Bnei Brak called Tel Giborim. Named after the men who were killed during the war of independence - The Hill of the Heroic. I was the token American girl with her limping dog Corky, in the midst of a neighborhood of combined backgrounds - Polish, Roumanian, Iraqi, Morrocan, Kurdish, Libyan, Yemenite. The full melting pot.

At first I was sent to learn in a religious school called Yesodot, but after 6 months I wanted out. I simply couldn't understand. I couldn't cope either with what was going on at home. My mother was again mentally unwell. Her rages were getting more frequent, her outbursts and her depressions.

continued HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Palpitations - Severe Panic Attack

Heartbreak, Panic and Foreboding

Yeru-Shalayim