Grand Fathers

My paternal grandfather was Abraham. He was a drinker and barber. He beat his wife and my father said he caused the MS she later suffered by delivering a fatal blow to her neck.

My maternal grandfather was Max. He was a furrier and an abusive rageholic my mother being the brunt of his rage and mind games - as she was the eldest. Police were called in constantly as per the eye witness account of my great aunt. My grandparents divorced. My mother's siblings didn't fare very well. While their light shone in some directions - music wise - in New Orleans and later in LA - both brothers of my mother died of unnatural causes.

I only met my paternal grandfather once. We went swimming. He demonstrated the art of using two hands clasped as a squirting mechanism, and later if I recall correctly, how to utilize the same out of water as a whistle.

My great-grandfather on my mother's side was Nahum, who was a beloved shochet and chazzan in the shtetl of Goniadz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Palpitations - Severe Panic Attack

Heartbreak, Panic and Foreboding

Yeru-Shalayim