How DOES It Feel?

Last night - a crash rained down
on the house where I rent
in the South - forgotten space of
Negev and Judah
The boys aged 13 - 17 standing
with white shirts 200 meters
away
grinning
mocking
rocks in hands
in a row of bleached tshirts
hands wielding stones
hard, hard and direct
at this one and her dwelling.

Why - I do not know.

Hatred. Baseless.

You are not wanted - a mantra
of one with crazed eyes.
Get out of here.
A sign. Move. Now. Emerge.
Quickly from this patch of
pollution and nights filled
with boys that stone a woman
for breathing in quietude.
I would scream but there is
no scream left.
I would throw myself off
a cliff but for the memory
of my promise to the ones
I love.
I would pray but do not know
which words to use
when all words have been spoken
I spent 3 hours in the early morning trying
to understand how I brought this
onto myself
unwarranted hatred - continued
from the moment i put my foot
on Holy ground.
All I have is my broken heart
I breathe so deeply
I feel it could be my last
And then let us hear
how the Palestinian children
aim at the soldiers when we
Jews do nothing less.
But more efficiently the same.
Lies swept
under the rug
in secret -
do not tell.
Do not unravel the stories
we boast.
Do not shine light into the
crevices where in the night
the cover of darkness
children take aim to maim
and instill more blackness
in souls already tarnished
with the blueprint of death.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Palpitations - Severe Panic Attack

Heartbreak, Panic and Foreboding

Yeru-Shalayim