Sleep Interrupted

Worry is keeping me from sleep.
It sits on my head and beats it
like a drum.
I resonate now to leads
of how to cure the unknown disease.
The more I read, the more I see
how the illness was not addressed
properly and what could be done
given the right zipcode and
pocketbook.

So I must move beyond
the physical and go into
the higher levels of awareness
to get the knowledge to heal.
I fall asleep, feel her presence
wake up, interrupted fearing
the worst, reassuring her,
reciting the words most
suitable for the moment
and careful with tone
and opening heart
all simultaneously
when I can't manage
to see straight.

Too many late nights
tethered to my screen.
Too many days in a state
of dull pain - the aches
that are now melded
between her and I
like a knot of silver
threads tied eternal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Palpitations - Severe Panic Attack

Heartbreak, Panic and Foreboding

Yeru-Shalayim