A Rat, Mongoose and Other Varieties

Well, a rat found its way into my kitchen this evening just over half an hour ago. I freaked. Last time that happened I was married, just given birth, living in a slum near Ramat Gan and my husband managed to kill it after a long chase throughout the apartment all the while I'm screaming - the baby! the baby!. Deja vu. I screamed but there was no husband or baby this time. I just slid the door shut and ventured outside in the dark to find a man to help get this critter out asap.

Did the rounds - nobody was home. All were at a celebration of sorts. Just pristine houses, very clean - very shiny and me in my rags and knowing the difference between our standards. I turned direction towards the synagogue where I saw a bunch of teenagers with a rabbi, who'd just finished a class. I approached them and asked who'd like to do a mitzvah. Three volunteered.

We, as an army out to annihilate the enemy turned towards my ragged dwelling. I am ashamed at the look of it. From its outside to its very poverty stricken inside. The fact that it wasn't in the best of shape when they walked in - was even more of a shame based thing.

I got a piece of wood to block the door while one ventured in the kitchen. He started poking around - nothing. I said - don't be afraid - even if you have to break something - move everything. Not that there was much to move around. There's a rickety old bookcase that holds the stuff of my kitchen that once served as a chicken coop and there is a table and that's it. He was holding my staff - the one I use for *stuff* - I thought that was interesting that he was using that instead of a broom - which was broken - or a mop which was out of sight. Anyway - one of the guys shouts - THERE HE IS!! And sure enough - a bunch of stomping, moving stuff around and encouragement of the others - and the door to the back opened - and OFF this rat goes into the night. Alive.

The good news - is I have Egyptian Mongooses here as well. In the backyard. Along with cats that jump into my house thinking its Hotel Catifornia. It's hopping and bopping. Now I wouldn't have been so freaked out if it were a mouse. I can handle that. But a fcking rat? Damn.

Threw a cup of bleach on the floor and just washed the whole kitchen floor. I keep washing, cleaning, straightening up and it still is a mess. It's out - and I hope and PRAY HASHEM - please keep it away. Thing is I leave the back door open for my cats. And I go out now to do some gardening now and then I sit in the sun. Last year it was snakes.

If this is a sign - what is it? What now? What am I missing?

Hashem sent the Mongoose to take care of the snakes. Now I have rats what is he going to send me? Maybe a husband. Maybe I just needed to reach out and make some peace and bless someone tonight.


What a life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heart Palpitations - Severe Panic Attack

Heartbreak, Panic and Foreboding

Yeru-Shalayim